AKA: Y2K rollover
This is a very cool move once you nail it a few times. The trick is to keep the connection between the Balisong and your thumb. It’s not a throw. The Bali has to “walk” over your Thumb.
Download an AVI of the technique here.
1. Start in the Backhand grip, closed position. Bite handle should be facing IN toward your palm.
I find that tilting the Bali forward slightly makes this move a little easier.
2. Allow the safe handle to drop down and away.
3. As the Bali swings through…………….
4. ……….pull your Thumb in toward your body slightly. This will become the guide for your Bali to roll over.
5. Let the Handles wrap around your Thumb, and roll over it.
At this point the safe handle has just entered the palm.
6. Close your fingers around the safe handle before the blade enters.
7. Allow the blade and bite handle to continue downward…………
8. ………… until they ricochet and come back up…….
11. Into the forward grip, open position.
Make sure you start with the BITE handle in to begin the move. If you don’t you’ll get cut on the ricochet before the opening.