1. Starting position isn’t too important, because the Balisong is closed.
This move can be started with a pivot forward (shown), or a Flip-out .
3. Allow the Balisong to pivot (or slide) forward, between the Index and Middle fingers.
As you do, rotate the wrist over to the palm down position.
4. Stop in the Table top position, Balisong on the back of the hand, just below the fingernails.
Hold this position for a few seconds before continuing on.
5. Tip the wrist (pinky side) down slightly, to start the Balisong sliding, while at the same time moving the hand upward.
6. This will cause the balisong to flip over, into a position for a forward grip catch.
8. Ending catch position.
9. From here you want to pivot the Balisong back, allowing the handle to move……
10. ………….between the ring finger and pinky.
11. Now start to rotate the wrist over to the palm down position. Use the ring finger and pinky to help pull the Balisong over the top.
12. Bring the pinky under, and hold this position. Again, the Balisong should be just below the fingernails.
13. Now in one quick, smooth movement, switch the hand around (pinky under toward the body………..
14.………….toward the palm up position.
The final Table top position can be held for longer durations as you get better. Moving your hand around in circular motions will also help to develop your coordination.