This throw is a little more difficult, because there’s not much motion beforehand to gauge or set-up.
Download an AVI of the technique here.
Preview the Technique here with the smaller GIF file.
1. Start in the forward grip, closed position, with the latch handle “up”.
3. Let the handle fall away, as in a windmill opening. Make sure to clear the fingers out of the way. Keep the motion smooth or the throw will be all over the place. Not a pretty sight!
4. Setting up with the thumb on the top, of the back of the handle is impossible, due to the lack of motion. Your thumb is actually pinching the handle against the 3rd knuckle of the index finger. Pulling the hand back toward you at the point of release will help to keep the spin true using speed.
7. ….as usual, one rotation should do it.
10. ……and make the catch.
11. Finish as seen at left, or repeat the same set of motions to close (a little more difficult).