Again, be careful with this one. There’s no set-up motion involved. Your technique has to be “right-on” for this to work.
Download an AVI of the technique here.
1. Start in the forward grip, closed position, with the latch handle “up”
2. Make sure all motions are smooth!
3. Let the handle fall away, as in a windmill opening. Make sure to clear the fingers out of the way. Keep the motion smooth or the throw will be all over the place.
4. Setting up with the thumb on the top, of the back of the handle is impossible, due to the lack of motion. Your thumb is actually pinching the handle against the 3rd knuckle of the index finger. Pulling the hand back toward you at the point of release will help to keep the spin true using speed.
5. The throw should be done at the center line of your body. Right in front of
your belly button.
8. Move the catching hand into position. Again exactly (or as close as possible) to where the throwing hand was on the center line.
9. Again the top handle coming over whips the blade clear.
. 11And finish with a catch in the opposite hand.