from the Tip of the Week Archive
This move was originally a Tip, but I’ve since realized it’s importance to my style. It’s a great technique and comes in handy more often than you would think.
1. Start in the partial opening position, holding the safe handle.
2. Notice the position of the Index finger, right up against the back of the blade.
3. Squeeze the safe handle with the Pinky and Ring finger, as you shoot the Index finger forward.
4. This will launch the blade and bite handle quickly into………….
5. ………the forward grip, open position.
This move should be executed with little or NO arm movement, and can also be practiced into the closed position by starting with the Balisong inverted.