Pushing the pivot to the limit. The motion will resemble a figure-eight when you get it going.
1. Start in the backhand grip open position.
2. Palm down, start the pivot “in” toward your body.
3. Bring it around………
5. ……and turn the wrist over.
6. Remember the Balisong is being held with the index finger and thumb…….
7. As it comes back in (where a regular pivot would finish), turn the wrist over again and continue the motion.
The key to this technique is the constant turning of the wrist. Also, make sure you have a good position at the point where your thumb and index finger tip are holding the grip. As mentioned before, use the holes in a skeleton type handle, or the slot where the handles meet. Both spots will give you a good amount of control.