False Forward grip opening
This technique begins as though executing a Horizontal basic technique. A subtle finger twirl takes it to a Backhand opening.
Download an AVI of the technique here.
Preview the Technique here with the smaller GIF file.
1. Start in the Forward grip, closed position.
2. Begin by executing a Horizontal basic opening, except, as the bite handle swings out move your Index finger to the other side of the safe handle.
3. Let the bite handle extend forward, and just as it passes………
4. Pull the Thumb out of the way and let the butt of safe handle come around. As it does place the Thumb on the back side of the safe handle just above your Middle finger……….
5. ………… and slide the Middle finger out to allow the bite handle to come around.
6. You’re now holding with only your Index finger and Thumb.
7. Bring the Middle, Ring finger, and Pinky around to complete the move.
Click here to get an AVI from a different angle (falseFG2).