Great for building strength and dexterity, this exercise will work on staying within the balance point of your Balisong.
Preview the Technique here with the smaller GIF file.
1. Start in the forward grip, closed position. To start, bend the middle, ring finger and pinky in behind the Balisong. Notice the thumb and middle finger directly opposing each other “AT THE BALANCE POINT”.
2. Use the index finger and thumb to bring the Balisong to vertical, and move the middle finger into the spot where the thumb is, again, at the balance point.
3. ….continue it around.
5. Now replace the index finger with the ring finger, again, at the balance point.
6. Now replace the ring finger with the pinky, again, at the balance point.
7. Now roll it back in the other direction.
It’s not that important how long you hold the balance on each finger, but try to work toward at least second or two.
For variation, instead of rolling back the same way you rolled down, try to keep rolling in the same direction, to bring it back up. This exercise should be practiced slowly and deliberately, as well as fast and furious. Duration is also something to try to increase over time.