Static throw, twirl to Backhand
If you never taped the blade before, NOW would be a good time to do it……….. at least until you get the timing down.
Download an AVI of the technique here.
1. Start in the Forward grip, closed position, bite handle “IN”.
2. Begin the move by executing a Static throw.
4. You do NOT want to add the Whip move to increase the spin as you normally would.
7. You want to make sure to keep your Middle finger tucked in and you Index finger extended.
8. As soon as you feel the bite handle hit your Index finger, push the Middle finger forward (extend it) scissoring against the Index finger, and turn your wrist over.
10.Finish in the Backhand, open position.
Be VERY, VERY careful with this one. The timing is tricky and if you don’t get it right, the scissor move in step #8 will happen ON the blade and not the handle.