Backhand circle opening
A smooth, circular finger twirl opening in the Backhand position.
1. Start in the Backhand closed position, safe handle IN toward the palm.
2. Begin the move as if executing a backhand basic opening. As the “bite” handle drops away, tuck the Ring finger and Pinky into the palm to allow the bite handle and blade to pass.
3. When they do (pass), straighten the Ring finger and Pinky. The safe handle should now be between the Middle and Ring fingers………..
4. ………….. with the bite handle and blade continuing around.
5. Roll the safe handle through, so it’s between the Middle and Index fingers.
6. Clear the ring finger and Pinky again by straightening
8. Plant the Thumb directly below the Index finger and roll it to the side of the safe handle………….
9…………… which will allow the bite handle to come in, to the open position.
Be careful at the end of this move as your fingers will be positioned close to the blade.